martes, 1 de septiembre de 2009

The National Festivities


In Chile we celebrate national holidays, the week of Sept. 18, everyone agrees with many typical foods, dances and drinks like red wine and chicha.


This time I will be lucky to share with the people of the fourth region (Illapel and Salamanca), because we go there for a fieldwork with Rural Anthropology. I am excited because I'm quite sure that national holidays are much more typical there than here in Santiago, I was used to spend that week in the capital, and is kind of repeated to me.

In the north I hope to dance "cueca" - the traditional dance of Chile - with some lady that could teach me a little bit the very special footsteps. Of course it will be very fun and very interesting to share with the people and their customs. One of the things I most like in this period is that eat very often "asados" and "empanadas", these are typical dishes, the meat is first grilled and the second are masses of flour stuffed with minced meat, onion, olives and egg, are very rich.



I look forward to arriving after the 18th of September and I say goodbye with a VIVA CHILE MIERDA!!!

3 comentarios:

  1. Good Rodolfo.

    Have a look at these comments. Can you improve these sentences?


    "... I was used to spend that week in the capital, and is kind of repeated to me."

    "...these are typical dishes, the meat is first grilled and the second are masses of flour stuffed with minced meat, onion, olives and egg, are very rich."

    Other than minor mistakes, your post is good

    Paula

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You get 2 points on task 4. Sorry.

    Paula

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Parties of 18 September are really the most important of the year...almost as important as New Year's party not?

    The gentleman in the photograph is a true representative of Chile on September 18th

    Greetings!

    ResponderEliminar